Part Time Seasonal Blacksmith
The Red Mill Museum Village seeks individuals for part-time seasonal position as blacksmith for our main visitor
season from April to November. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct live demonstrations in a working forge during tours, catering to various groups such as elementary school children, Scouts, senior citizen groups, adult groups and general museum visitors.
- Customize demonstrations to suit the specific needs and interest of different groups.
- Create coat hooks with designated design aspects for each group.
- Proficiency in blacksmithing and a solid understanding of blacksmithing history.
- Adherence to proper forge safety protocols is mandatory.
- Must be able to work within a tight time-frame and keep up with tour schedule.
- Ability to stand for duration of tour (with breaks ) in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Occasional weekends and evenings may be required.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey information and respond to visitor inquiries.
- Friendly and polite demeanor as you will represent the museum to the public.
- Reports to Assistant Director who will assign calendar dates for tours and occasional weekend programs.
*This position offers a unique opportunity to engage with visitors and share the rich history of blacksmithing in an interactive and educational setting. If you meet the requirements and are enthusiastic about bringing history to life, we encourage you to apply.