The Red Mill Museum Village in Clinton, NJ, seeks individuals for part time, seasonal positions as tour guide and workshop leaders for our main visitor season in spring and summer.
- Lead tours of museum grounds and historic buildings describing the history of site; must be able to customize to various groups including elementary school children, Scouts, senior citizen groups, adult groups, and general museum visitors. Tour guide manual including historic information will be provided.
- Lead students in hands-on historic workshops. Colonial-era costume is required and will be provided by the Museum.
- Training will be provided for all aspects of tours and workshops so that the tour guide/workshop leader can provide coverage wherever needed.
- Must be able to work within a tight time-frame and keep up with tour schedule.
- Ability to stand and walk for duration of tour required (some breaks are built into tour schedule). Tours take place outdoors and inside buildings without climate control.
- Occasional weekends and evenings may be required.
- Must be able to communicate tour information and answer visitor questions effectively.
- Friendly and polite manner required – tour guides and workshop leaders are the face of the museum to the public.
- A love of history and desire to share it with museum visitors is most important – this is an opportunity to be a part of the legacy of a Hunterdon County historic gem.
- Reports to Assistant Director who will assign calendar dates and communicate schedule to tour guides and workshop leaders prior to tours.
*Please note: this is not an appropriate position for teachers seeking summer employment as our primary need is in the spring for school tours.
Please email resume and cover letter to Marie Salthouse, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.