The Museum Administrator will provide clerical and administrative support for all aspects of the Museum operation. Responsibilities include data entry into the Museum’s donor database; written acknowledgement of all monetary and in-kind contributions; preparation of bulk mailings; reception of Museum visitors; responding to phone, mail, and email inquiries; ordering and storing supplies; maintaining and updating Museum files and procedure lists; and interfacing with Museum trustees, volunteers and outside vendors.
- Fill out check request form for each invoice received and place in box for Finance Coordinator
- Assist the Executive Director and Treasurer in analyzing budget needs.
- Maintain donor database, including all matching fund programs.
- Assist Board members with special event fundraisers.
- Prepare marketing tools for membership promotional materials, events and solicitations with the ongoing goal of increased membership.
- Maintain member database and process new memberships and renewals.
- Implement Social Media Plan as developed by the Executive Director
- Assist in preparing press releases
- Collect content and deliver digital newsletter
- Develop, record and maintain procedures to ensure the efficiency of the Museum administration.
- Evaluate list and tracking requirements to ensure contact information is available for fundraising, membership and program needs.
- Review inventory needs and order appropriate supplies. Track and evaluate expenditures of key items.
- Maintain records of the Board of Trustees, to include: Minutes, Reports, Policies, Terms of Office, Trustee Files, By-laws, New Member information.
- Administrative office experience, preferably for a non-profit organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn the PastPerfect database required.
- Interest in history or the arts is a plus.
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to collaborate with other staff members
- Ability to meet minimum qualifications
- Ability to work for a minimum of 16 to a maximum of 24 hours weekly