The Red Mill Museum Village in Clinton, NJ, seeks individuals for part time, seasonal position as Colonial Militia workshop leaders for our educational program during our main visitor season from April to November.
- Lead students and museum visitors in hands-on historic workshops. Colonial-era costume is required and will be provided by the Museum. Having your own costume and gear is a plus, but not required.
- Training will be provided for all aspects of tours and workshops so that the tour guide/workshop leader can provide coverage wherever needed.
- Must be able to work within a tight time-frame and keep up with tour schedule.
- Ability to stand and walk for duration of tour required (some breaks are built into tour schedule). Workshops take place outdoors and inside buildings without climate control.
- Occasional weekends may be required.
- Must be able to communicate information and answer visitor questions effectively.
- Friendly and polite manner required – tour guides and workshop leaders are the face of the museum to the public.
- A love of history and desire to share it with museum visitors is most important – this is an opportunity to be a part of the legacy of a Hunterdon County historic gem.
- Reports to assistant director who will assign calendar dates and communicate schedule to tour guides and workshop leaders prior to tours.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Marie Salthouse, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.